Largest of the cemeteries in the county is Graceland located 1/4 mile north on the east city limits of Madison in Lakeview Township. The original deed for 10.65 acres from Dakota Territory to Madison Cemetery Association was granted September 10, 1884. It was surveyed and platted by John Gregor, Lake County surveyor.
In 1907 land owned by Albert A. Sponholtz was added to the west and north. The deed was registered November 29, 1912. Again in 1938 more land from Mr. Sponholtz was added to the west. Mr. and Mrs. A. B. Britzuis and Miss Myrtle Pulford donated funds for the chain link fence and corner stones fronting the east side of the cemetery in memory of their parents, Mr. and Mrs. David Pulford. The Cemetery Association is funded by donations and sale of grave sites.
Click the first letter of the surname
|Ihlen, Emelyn (Olson) Olson||30 Jun 1909||05 Apr 1999||89||Female||Dau. of August & Agnes (Johnson) Olson; m. Orrin Olson K. 18 Oct. 1930; m. Harry Ihlen 26 Feb. 1972|
|Ihler, Doris Marie (Luke) Schneider||18 Oct 1930||17 Dec 2003||73||Female||Dau. of Agnes & Henrietta (Kubic) Luke; m. James Schneider 26 Nov. 1948; m. Tony Ihler 16 Oct. 1976|
|Ingemansen, Andrew||19 Jan 1896||22 Jul 1920||24||Male|
|Ingledue ? Ingledal, Prudence E. (Talbott)||30 Jul 1941|
|Innes, Infant||10 May 1911||0||Male||Son of R.S.|
|Innes, Thelma Fay||29 Nov 1908||04 Jan 1909||0||Female|
|Ireland, Gwendolyn Marcia (Davies)||10 Apr 1906||24 Oct 1997||91||Female||Dau. of Simon & Zola (Jones) Davies; m. William Ireland 4 Sept. 1927|
|Ireland, Marion G.||1903||12 Feb 1904||1||Female||Dau. of A.T.& Mabel (Lee) Ireland|
|Ireland, William L. 'Bill'||28 Nov 1904||21 Jun 1986||81||Male||Son of A.N & Mabel (Lee) Ireland; m. Gwendolyn (Davies)|
|Ischen, Frederick||28 Oct. 1861||12 Dec 1935||74||Male||m. Lena (Seitz)|
|Ischen, Lena (Seitz)||02 July 1872||31 Aug 1929||57||Female||Dau. of Traugott Benjamin & Anna Margaretha (Auer) Seitz; m. Fredrich Ischen|
|Ivey, Agnes M.or N.||20 Aug 1898||Female|